The 4th International Seminar on Non-Ideal Compressible-Fluid Dynamics for Propulsion & Power (NICFD 2022) will be held on 3rd-4th November 2022 at City, University of London in the United Kingdom.
Now in its fourth iteration, NICFD 2022 will bring together researchers and scientists from various application areas who are pioneering theoretical, numerical and experimental advancements in the fluid dynamics of compressible reactive and non-reactive flows of fluids for which the ideal gas law does not apply.
The themes range from the theoretical foundations, to advanced numerical and experimental practices, and to applications. The conference provides an exciting opportunity to share, learn and discuss the latest insights.
Key themes of the conference include the following areas:
- Numerical methods
- Optimisation and UQ
- Critical and supercritical flows
- Turbulence and mixing
- Multi-component fluid flows
- Applications in ORC power systems
- Applications in supercritical CO2 power systems
- Steam turbines
- Cryogenic flows
- Condensing flows in nozzles
- Cavitating flows
- Super and transcritical fluids in space propulsion
Submissions outside these areas that may be of interest are welcomed.
- Abstract submission closes - 21st April 2022
- Short paper draft submission - 30th June 2022
- Registration opens - 1st July 2022
- Final short paper submission - 22nd September 2022
- Presentation submission - 13th October 2022
- Welcome reception - 2nd November 2022
- Conference - 3rd-4th November 2022
Click here to go to the conference website.
Please direct any conference, paper, abstract or technical enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference chairman: Dr Martin White, City, University of London, UK
- Conference co-chair: Dr Tala Samad, City, University of London, UK
- Conference co-chair: Dr Ioannis Karathanassis, City, University of London, UK
- Conference co-chair: Prof Abuldnaser Sayma, City, University of London, UK
- Conference co-chair: Dr Matteo Pini, TU Delft, The Netherlands
- Founding chair: Prof Alberto Guardone, PoliMi, Italy