NEWS FROM THE KCORC BOARD - 15.12.2021
News from the Board:
- KCORC decided to hold the next conference, ORC2023, in Sevilla, Spain. The conference Chairman will be hosted by Professor David Sanchez, Chair of Energy Engineering at the University of Seville. The Board is fully committed to support David and his team, as usual.
- KCORC continues to upgrade its operations and to become a more sustainable organization by creating procedures and policies necessary for the growth to be expected (review processes, gender equality policy, policy white paper, strategy plan, etc.)
- The TEHAG-committee has created a draft version of the white paper, currently under revision by member companies. The document contains facts and overviews previously missing. KCORC will organize an open seminar on this topic in Q1-2022
- Given the virtual nature of ORC2021, the scientific contributions reached quite a high quality and did set standards in digital conferencing. The board thanks all contributors from the scientific community and industry.
- Due to the success of ORC2021, KCORC can make a larger budget available for its scholarships and many new activities will be undertaken (stay tuned!)